This question has come up from time to time, Why would I go to chiropractor if i don't have anything wrong with me? And that's a great question! And here's a simple answer, to keep it that way! But all seriousness, most people think about chiropractic for neck pain or back pain, or maybe even headaches ad allergies, but it is so much more than that...
You see, chiropractic wasn't founded to fix pain at all. It was founded on the principle that your body has an innate ability to heal itself. Your body is constantly healing itself, turning over cells, forming new ones, repairing tissue, and it can do that perfectly as long as there is no interference with this process. The way your body heals it's self is controlled by the "Master System", the central nervous system. It controls all functions of the body. It send messages and information from the brain down the spinal cord and out nerves to every cell, organ, and tissue in your body. It happens no other way. Now, because of certain traumas, some sudden like a car accident or some over time like sitting at a desk 8 hours a day (this is one I see a lot in my office) individual bones, whole sections, or even whole curves of your spine can shift out of place. This shift is called subluxation. When subluxation happens, it literally blocks the information from getting to all the organs at 100 percent. If subluxation is left there, over time the organs that those nerves go to, will degenerate and lead to disease.
The type of subluxation that I see a lot in my office is loss of the cervical curve, that's the curve in your neck, and like i said before this often caused from sitting at desk. You see, we weren't designed to sit at a desk 8 plus hours a day, we were designed to move. So if you aren't doing anything to counteract the consequences of this unnatural posture, why would you be shocked on what your xrays look like? And this can have serious health consequences. Dr. Breig who is a neurosurgeon and Nobel prize winner, so smarter guy than me, says when you lose the curve in your neck, it stretches the spinal cord 5-7 cm and causes disease.
So back to the original question, Why would i go to a chiropractor if i don't have anything wrong? That's because pain or symptoms are a horrible way to judge your health. People wake up everyday feeling fine and get diagnosed with cancer, they wake up feeling fine, and have their first heart attack. How you feel doesn't necessarily mean everything is fine. Pain is often the last thing to show up, that's because less than 10 percent of your nerves are dedicated to pain sensitivity, the other 90 percent are dedicated to the communication process that explained earlier. So don't wait until it's too late to start taking care of your health, it's always far more difficult to regain it than to prevent it. If you would like to get checked for subluxation contact my office today for a free consultation at my flag ship office in Dallas, Texas.
Leave a Reply.
An open minded place for alternative thought and discussion.